Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Traits of Writting

At first when I started reading this book I thought, "oh great, another boring language arts book." It ended up being nothing like that though, and I really enjoyed it. Cris Crutcher has a very up front way of telling stories it seems, but that is a good thing. His ideas and Content are very well thought out, it seemed like he had gone through some of the situations that happened during the book which was very surprising. One thing that made the book a little hard to understand was Cris Crutcher's orginization. The reason for this is because he would jump from flashbacks to modern time very quickly and without warning. That made it kind of hard to follow. Also, another Trait that I think was used exceptionally was Word Choice. A lot of adult topics where talked about in a way that I could understand. There were some very intelligent word choices in the book that I wouldnt expect to be in the story, but were. Since this book is published it is obviously high in all the categories of the Six Traits of Writting but those few really stuck out to me. Cris Crutcher did an amazing job on this novel, I really enjoyed it!

No comments: